Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thailand - Ko Phi Phi (Again)



We are back in the island of Ko Phi Phi to meet up with Jeremy and his co-workers, consisting of twenty-year-old ice skaters. (So Bill is happy.) Jeremy is Bill's cousin whom we stayed with in Buenos Aires last July:

When we were in Ko Phi Phi couple of weeks ago, we hadn't like it very much. The island was too crowded, but mostly we didn't like it because we were in the midst of a huge fight that lasted forty hours. I forgot what the fight was about, but I am sure it was Bill's fault.

We like Ko Phi Phi much better this time. We are staying at a more laid-back beach and it's fun being in a big group.
*
Bill and me not fighting:

We are, however, back in the land of topless sunbathers. There's a topless girl walking on the beach, another one playing Smash Ball - it's like being in a Girls Gone Wild video. (So Bill is happy.) I am not sure why this annoys me so much. I'd like to think it has something to do with lack of respect for the culture-blah-blah, but I think I am just getting old.

We are staying in a concrete structure rather than a bamboo bungalow and yet I saw a frog and a lizard in our room, engaged in a stare-down contest. This morning, I woke up and turned my head sideways in the bed - lying next to me on the pillow was a cockroach-looking bug the size of my thumb. Bill heroically killed the bug and only squealed twice in the process.
*
Bill snorkeling:
Monkeys eating bananas at the very originally-named Monkey Beach:
This is Bill getting a haircut at Krabi, the last town we were at. I will never understand Bill's choice of hair salons - he passed up a perfectly normal looking barber shop and walked into this one that not only cut hair, but sold wedding dresses, tea, dried fruit and took wedding pictures:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeeheon, I don't think you are showing enough respent for the topless girl culture. Bill I'll have to see your pictures when you get back.

I have to sign this anonymous so Jeanette doesn't know this is me.

pooliod said...

Donnie is so smooth, Jeanette will never figure it out........

Jeanette

Unknown said...

wow, looks amazing!
gotta say the hair cut shots are pretty awesome. they would make for a great album- "hair cuts around the world"
maybe even a coffee book.
Or how about "speedo around the world"?

Anonymous said...

Thankfully you are balancing your beach photos and stories of "girls gone wild" with the bug stories. Otherwise, I might be concerned that Gabe might want to rush out to join you in Thailand right now.haha!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

How about posting a few topless tourist photos? Of course, you should black out their eyes to protect their identity.

Anonymous said...

i don't remember seeing topless tourists in Thailand.

I want to see~ ;p

woniga

pooliod said...

I think that monkey on the right is giving you the bird.

pooliod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ricky Bobby said...

How long does it take to get there from California? I am the next plane over!

Bill said...

Donnie and Jeanette: Yep, we know it's you. I keep trying to tell Jeeheon that in sweden they don't wear clothes, but she refuses to budge. And that monkey is giving Jeeheon the bird - mostly because she was in fact eating the bananas that the boat driver gave us to give to the monkeys.

Dan: Jeeheon wants a pic of a haircut while wearing a speedo. I think I'll pass.

Kathy and Gabe: There's a daily flight from LA to Bangkok. Come have the baby in Thailand --- that's win-win.

Brooklyn: There are LOTS of sites where you can find those kind of sleazy pics that you seek. No can do here.

Hyewon: Nice try with your alias "woniga" -- again, you can find your dirty pics elsewhere.

Travel Thailand said...

You can enjoy some of Thailand's best scenery on a Phi Phi Island holiday while spending little cash.