Monday, August 27, 2007

Spain - Segovia & Toledo

We took two day trips from Madrid, to Segovia and Toledo.

Segovia -

Gothic cathedral:
Alcazar castle:

Plaza Major:

Vera Cruz church, erected by the Knights Templar in the 13th Century:

Aqueduct, built at the end of the first century by the Romans to bring water to the city:

Bill´s sixteen year old niece Brittany is travelling with us in Spain for ten days (That´s her in the picture with me above). It´s fun having her here. We have noticed, though, that she always walks half a block behind us. We were wondering whether we were walking too fast, until we finally realized that Brittany is doing the ´I don´t know those people in front of me, I am here by myself´ walk. Remember pretending not to be related to our parents when we were teenagers? Have we become that uncool?

Toledo - Medieval city, full of Gothic architecture, with Muslim and Jewish influence:

6 comments:

pooliod said...

Holy Toledo!

I don't think you become uncool until you have kids yourself, or turn 30 - whichever comes first.

Donnie

Anonymous said...

i'm impressed that you managed to get a picture of toledo that didn't include a sword.

Anonymous said...

This your mom Brittany, you look like you are having such a great time-I'm so happy. Harley and I got a kick out of Jeeheons comment on the picture. I sure hope Billy didn't wear his speedo in front of his niece. You look very glowing in the picture, it must be all the spanish hunks-I'm jealous. I miss you kiddo but I know you will be back soon.
Love you
mom

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I ever was cool to begin with....

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I think you guys will be in the "cool" camp when you get back to the OC -- you'll have so much street cred after this trip.

Jeeheon said...

Donnie - Yay! Since I am childless and only 22, I am still cool!

Cato - Bill wanted to buy a sword, but I didn´t think it would fit in our backpack...

Patti - Brittany left for the US today...Sad Face! (Did you know she ´inserts´ emocons from online chatting into live conversations? So it´s not ¨I am sad¨; it´s ¨Sad Face.¨)

Kathy - Remember we rented a karaoke machine for the New Year´s? Only cool people karaoke...

Jikja - Since I am always slightly scared of the young, hip backpackers (so many piercings!), I probably haven´t acquired any street cred.