Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Side Entry - Skype

A lot of the internet cafes we go to have at least couple computers with headphones connected to it for Skype phone calls. People were shocked that we had never heard of it. (Have you? I hope not, because I told everyone it isn´t big in the US yet, but maybe it´s just us.)

Anyway, you make phone calls using the computer and internet connection, so all we need is a headphone/microphone and an internet cafe. It is so cheap! Phone calls to Korea are $0.02 per minute! No more hassle of buying phone cards, trying to figure out how it works, locating a public phone after dark (due to the time difference, I am always calling Korea at night.) Now I can call mom whenever we go to an internet cafe! Yay!

I sound like an ad for Skype, but seriously, it´s the best thing since TIVO. Here´s the link:
www.skype.com

4 comments:

pooliod said...

A buddy of mine travels to Germany and China for work all the time, uses Skype to communicate with us back home. Can be a little delayed, but works pretty good.

Cool sand art! - Donnie

jmorlan1971 said...

hi there, how are you both? Sounds like your having a good time. So I am here in south america until end of sept. Maybe we can meet up sometime. i have a blog at morlantravel.blogspot as well. keep in touch and let me know where you are headed...and I will do the same..

Jeremy M.

ttingkkaya said...

we use skype for work for conference calls with our country office people! my colleagues even have a skype number on their business cards...

woniga

Jeeheon said...

Yeap, that confirms we were the last people to know about this. Not surprising, considering the fact that Bill used Instant Messenger for the first time in his life in 2007. That would be five years after my mother´s first use of IM.