Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mexico - Tulum

Tulum is famous for its very hippy "eco-friendly" beach huts - electricity from sunset to 11pm only and there is a nude beach somewhere. Bill talked me into staying at one.

Our beach hut:

View from the hut:

It was fun during the day, but at night time, as I got into bed, I realized I was laying on the most disgusting bed ever since college. The sea breeze had made the sheet (and every else in the room) soggy and slimy with salt water, I could smell the twenty people that have slept on this bed before me and there was a big stain in the middle of the bed. WAAAA... Mommy!

"I´d rather be at the Hyatt":

For marital harmony, we changed hotels the next day.

Mayan ruins located on a cliff overlooking the sea in Tulum:

This crossed the trail in front of us on our walk to the ruins:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeeheon
I have the perfect thing for you - I saw it in the Skymall catalog on the plane! They're "sleep sacks"! They're like sleeping bag liners so it's like always having your own sheets. I always wondered what type of paranoid person brings their own sheets to a hotel, but I guess it really depends on the hotel...Here's the link:
http://www.comfortchannel.com/prod.itml/icOid/6054?ovchn=FRO&ovcpn=Travel&ovcrn=6054&ovtac=CMP
Just say the word and give me an address and I'll send them your way!

Lillian

Anonymous said...

So.. are u having fun so far?
I am telling all my friends about your "stumble around the world" trip and everyone is so jealous!!

Have a safe trip and loads of fun!!
And tons of magaritas and mojitos on my behalf~~ ;-)

Seolwon