Friday, March 30, 2007

USA - Smartville (California)

We visited Bill's aunt in Smartville, California, in the foothills of Sierra-Nevada mountains. They live on a hill with a creek in their back yard which was pretty, but it pained me to have to drive my treasured Audi over the unpaved gravel road.


This is the creek in the back yard.




This is the unpaved, gravel road that we had to drive on.



This area was all gold mines during the Gold Rush. This is Bill looking for gold in the river. I guess there are still flecks of gold in the river washed down from the hills. Bill was very happy at having found a couple flecks that looked suspiciously like dirt.




This is me trying to avoid getting any sun - no freckles!!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like it! You should change the focus of your trip from one of leisure and exploration to a WORLD WIDE SEARCH FOR GOLD. I will do my part by continuing to buy lottery tickets here.